The Accokeek Foundation, a nonprofit educational organization involved in land stewardship, historical preservation and sustainable agriculture, is seeking a Site Manager for all aspects of caring for buildings (historic and contemporary), grounds, and infrastructure of the 200-acre portion of Piscataway Park that it manages in partnership with the National Park Service. The Site Manager must have excellent project management skills, including budgeting, communication, staff management, logistics and operations, permitting, and document management. Land conservation and GIS experience is desirable. Other qualities needed include patience, flexibility, attention to detail, a sense of humor, and great people skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure active and appropriate maintenance and conservation of the buildings, grounds, water and septic systems, and other infrastructure of the Accokeek Foundation, while keeping safety a high priority.
- Manage various on-site projects, including dock construction, fishing pier retrofit, trail rehabilitation, road maintenance, septic system, water pump station, arboretum renovation, visitor pathways and enhancement, phone and internet, and more. The management of projects includes contractor oversight, permitting, scheduling, administration, and active management of compliance with National Park Service and other authoritative entities.
- Work with Foundation President and Vice President on land use planning, site planning, signage planning, nutrient management planning, fencing planning, and accessibility planning.
- Hold weekly meetings with team level leadership to maintain continuity of information flow, and proactively address potential issues: logistical, personnel, work load, environmental, administrative, etc.
- Make presentations to staff, board, and stakeholder teams about status of projects and the organization’s mission related to land and cultural resource stewardship.
- Conduct negotiations with local consultants/vendors for various services to ensure proper maintenance and pricing of services and materials rendered (manage bid process, select and manage consultant/vendors).
- Create and maintain complete electronic administrative records related to site management.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in Landscape Architecture, Environmental Science, Land Management, Planning, Project Management, or related field. At least 3 years of relevant experience.
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week). Schedule is 8 am to 4 pm, Monday-Friday, with flexibility to work occasional weekends and evenings. Starting salary range is $37,000-$40,000 per year. The Accokeek Foundation provides a generous employee benefit package including health insurance, paid vacation, holiday, and sick leave, and a retirement plan. Great team-oriented work environment in park setting.
For best consideration, apply by August 15, 2012. Forward cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com with the subject line “Site Manager, SM 2012.”
The Accokeek Foundation conducts background checks in order to insure the safety and well-being of the organization’s staff and visitors. This position is open until filled. The Accokeek Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.