More about Education
The Accokeek Foundation offers unique educational programs about Maryland’s history, modern sustainable agriculture, and natural resource stewardship. Entertaining tours and performances, customized experience based activities, and service learning opportunities help people connect to the land and to one another.
This land also serves as an outdoor classroom for educational programs, research, agricultural, and conservation projects. Each year, thousands of students and educators participate in programs developed to supplement social studies and environmental education in the classroom.
The Foundation’s educational programs offer:
- public access to land and the Potomac River for recreation and interpretation of the assets of historically significant Piscataway Park
- exhibits and demonstrations that show the effects of human interaction with the land
- encouragement for physical activity through walking tours, hands-on activities, and other outdoor recreational opportunities
- information about local food, health, and nutrition
- employment training, including volunteer service learning, and internship programs.