The Accokeek Foundation, a nonprofit educational organization involved in land stewardship, historical preservation and sustainable agriculture, is seeking an Administrative Coordinator to provide daily support for the Accokeek Foundation’s administrative office.
The Accokeek Foundation offers more than 100 events and classes each year, field trips for area school children, and provides services to the thousands of annual visitors of Piscataway Park, a national park on the Maryland shore of the Potomac River. The Administrative Coordinator serves as a key point of contact to the public and provides critical administrative support for all aspects of the Foundation’s programs. This position requires outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, excellent administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to successfully juggle multiple responsibilities with humor and grace.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Phones. Screen and route calls, respond to inquiries, and provide excellent customer service and follow up.
- Mail. Screen and distribute all mail and general email. Assemble outgoing mailings as needed.
- Calendars and scheduling. Manage calendars for organization and for President. Set up appointments and meetings, check space availability, and arrange travel.
- Database support. Input data, run reports, and provide information to staff as requested, including updating contact information, registrations, donations, and payments in a timely and accurate manner with utmost confidentiality.
- Program support. Monitor registrations, create surveys, and provide logistical support (food, room reservations, setup, check in, etc.); organize and maintain data (visitation, program attendance and budgets, volunteer participation, survey results); and assist with reporting.
- Correspondence. Prepare and send correspondence, invoices, etc.
- General administrative duties. Provide support such as filing, maintaining supplies and office machinery, and other duties as needed.
Education and experience:
College degree preferred. At least one year of relevant work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and comfort on the phone.
- Strong interpersonal skills (ability to interact professionally with the general public, with staff members and volunteers as well as Board of Trustees and major donors is critical to the position).
- Attention to detail and punctuality/reliability a must.
- Highly proficient with computer technology and programs including Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, Google Calendar and other “cloud” computing resources.
- Experience with processing payments (credit cards, checks, cash) accurately and honestly.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines in a busy work environment.
- Ability to provide basic technology support for office equipment, computers, projectors, etc. is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in spoken Spanish a plus.
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week). Schedule is 9am to 5pm, Monday-Friday. Occasional weekend and evening work may be required. Starting salary range is $19,000-21,000 per year. The Accokeek Foundation provides a generous employee benefit package including health insurance, paid vacation, holiday, and sick leave, and a retirement plan, as well as a great team-oriented work environment in park setting with opportunities for advancement for the right individual.
For best consideration, apply by July 20, 2012. Forward cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use subject line “Administrative Coordinator, AC2012.” This position is open until filled.
The Accokeek Foundation conducts background checks in order to insure the safety and well-being of the organization’s staff and visitors. The Accokeek Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.